Highlighted

helpme!

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had an issue linking pdfs into Indesign and Indesign pulling older versions of that pdf? I work with floorplans and when I am linking the new pdf it pulls an older version.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

helpme!

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had an issue linking pdfs into Indesign and Indesign pulling older versions of that pdf? I work with floorplans and when I am linking the new pdf it pulls an older version.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not. I've had version control problems, where I've pulled the old file into a job instead of the current version, and I've navigated to the wrong folder to pull in the wrong version of the same named file though.

I'd suggest this:

1. Take the absolute latest version of the file and place it on the desktop.
  2. Place the desktop file.
  3. Then package the document to put the latest version of the linked graphic into the packaged folder.
  4. Close and delete the original InDesign document. Work from the version in the packaged folder forevermore.

If you still have the old version of the file creeping back into the InDesign document, let us know. But I'll bet you a nickel that this will be the end of your problems.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 2