Highlighted

Hi res/low res

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently took over graphics for a small community magazine and have run into something I have never seen before.

Rather than re-inveht the wheel, I took the .indd file from the previous print issue and began making changes. Many of the ads remained the same.

Now, when I create .pdfs to check things, most of the materrial that stayed the same appears low res even though I am making print quality pdfs.

I have done this many times before with other publications, simply replacing old info with new, and have never had this problem. Any ideas why I am now?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hi res/low res

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently took over graphics for a small community magazine and have run into something I have never seen before.

Rather than re-inveht the wheel, I took the .indd file from the previous print issue and began making changes. Many of the ads remained the same.

Now, when I create .pdfs to check things, most of the materrial that stayed the same appears low res even though I am making print quality pdfs.

I have done this many times before with other publications, simply replacing old info with new, and have never had this problem. Any ideas why I am now?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check your Window > Links panel? Are the image links still intact, or do you see yellow triangles or red circles to the left of the page numbers?

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that just a while ago. Is t here any way around that as it will be difficult for me to get in touch with the last designer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely the problem and it turns out I do have the package for the document. 

There used to be a way to automatically re-link if the files were on the same computer. Is that the case any more?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 1
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default for a package is to re-link the graphic files. You may have opened a copy of the last issue which was outside the package. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 1