High CPU Usage Again

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Adobe Indesign 2020, and run into the famous high CPU (100%) problem because of CEPHtmlEngine. Because of the high CPU is taking, my computer is continously loosing its battery even when it is properly charged and I cannot afford wasting the time waiting for it to be charged by quitting the software. I tried to find a solution, but all the working ones are referring to deleting / transfering content under a folder (CEP), which does not even exit in my Indesign app folder. Are there any solution for this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

High CPU Usage Again

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Adobe Indesign 2020, and run into the famous high CPU (100%) problem because of CEPHtmlEngine. Because of the high CPU is taking, my computer is continously loosing its battery even when it is properly charged and I cannot afford wasting the time waiting for it to be charged by quitting the software. I tried to find a solution, but all the working ones are referring to deleting / transfering content under a folder (CEP), which does not even exit in my Indesign app folder. Are there any solution for this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aijingc17783754,

The folder should exist. I am assuming you are on a MAC, if so then the path you need to go to is the following

/Applications/Adobe InDesign 2021/Adobe InDesign 2021.app/Contents/Resources/CEP

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? In addition to Manan's suggestion, I'd request to update Adobe InDesign to the latest version & see if it improves the performance.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, occasionally computers use quite some power. I can  hear this – the CPU cooling ventilator of my 27" iMac 27 (early 19) goes high and blows out very warm air – when I export a batch of 20-30 corrected RAW-files as JPEGs.  I "blew" an earlier model that had no progressive cooling when exporting large batches of image files. Even my MacBook fan goes high – simultanously the back gets warm – when its CPU is busy with intensive work (e.g. installing the new operation system "Big Sur").

Obviously you work on a notebook. If you work mobile, you need at least a high capacity (!) powerbank to get enough additional battery capacity (they are almost as heavy as your notebook!). It is normal that many programs consume quite some energy, limiting the capacity of MacBooks or slim notebooks batteries.

To conveniently work with InDesign, I depend on a fast SSD 27" iMac and an additional 27" monitor, because I place and correct via InD fotos and graphics...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0