Highlighted

Highlight paragraphs at the beginning and end of each chapter inside filled frames with radius.

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could I duplicate this in Indesign?

KaraKG_0-1591905435958.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Scott_Falkner | Adobe Community Professional

Paragraph Shading was introduced in, I think, the previous version, so yo don’t have access to that feature.

Instead i would use an anchored text frame. Make a text frame with the desired shading, width, corner options, and inset. Paste it into the story an an anchored object and adjust the Anchored Object Options to get the position you want. Make that an Object Style.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Highlight paragraphs at the beginning and end of each chapter inside filled frames with radius.

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could I duplicate this in Indesign?

KaraKG_0-1591905435958.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Scott_Falkner | Adobe Community Professional

Paragraph Shading was introduced in, I think, the previous version, so yo don’t have access to that feature.

Instead i would use an anchored text frame. Make a text frame with the desired shading, width, corner options, and inset. Paste it into the story an an anchored object and adjust the Anchored Object Options to get the position you want. Make that an Object Style.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would define a paragraph style that uses Paragraph Shading. Details at the bottom of this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/formatting-paragraphs.html

~Barb 

new.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb,

I am working with the 2015 version and cannot find paragraph borders. I have been attempting a workaround but haven't been able to give it the time it needs today. I thought perhaps an anchored text frame? Nope- that doesn't work.

Karen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Scott,

I'll try it and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the excellent detail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
KaraKG LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Scott_Falkner,

I thought I was making progress when I accomplished this:object styles one.png

Then I thought the answer was to create an object style and copy from document to document. But the second document isn't working.

object styles two.png

I don't know how to go about duplicating the original. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines