• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about a progress bar when relinking images?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got back an InDesign document that someone else had edited, and I needed to point it towards my own copies of the links. I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out why InDesign would seemingly crash every time I tried to update the links (it would put up the "Spinning Rainbow Pizza Wheel of Death" cursor and "Force Quit Applications" would say that the program was "not responding.") I finally figured out that it was just taking 10-15 minutes to process all the images in the folder, but not putting up any information or a progess bar. I mean, this feels like 1984, Adobe! (Obviously, we are talking about the MacOS version of InDesign, both v. 2020 and v. 2021).Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 15.58.40.png

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Hi @alanterra:

I understand your frustration! This is a user-to-user forum (users helping other users), so please log feature requests using the link below, so that the InDesign team will see it:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/ 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alanterra:

I understand your frustration! This is a user-to-user forum (users helping other users), so please log feature requests using the link below, so that the InDesign team will see it:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/ 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing obvious about what operating system or version you're using.

I have no clue why the relink is taking so long but why don't change up your workflow a bit? If you package the file with the links and put it in a Dropbox or Onedrive folder you can share it and stop worrying about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bob, for the advice. The Links folder is about 1.5 TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines