• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i add 3 specific color C100, M100 and Y100 to top of swatch array using Script?

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i add 3 specific color C100, M100 and Y100 to TOP OF SWATCH ORDER  using Extend Script && avoid the first 4 default colors.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not move color using javaScript upside down. But you can add colors using specific names & use them accordingly.

Or you in your template if you need using cursor, you can move colors upside down.

Or simply add colors with specific names & use them.

Try this code snippet:

addColors("C100", [100,0,0,0]);
addColors("M100", [0,100,0,0]);
addColors("Y100", [0,0,100,0]);
function addColors(colorName, colorValue){
    var myDoc = app.documents[0];
    if(!myDoc.colors.item(colorName).isValid){
        var myColor = myDoc.colors.add();
        myColor.name = colorName;
        myColor.colorValue = colorValue;
        }
    }

Best

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, i was thinking about swap swatch, like 
4 default colors (swatch[0] -> swatch[3]) stay same position. 

then add 3 colors (let say swatch[n],swatch[n+1],swatch[n+2] ), and then we are gonna swap those 3 with another 3 colors at position swatch[4],swatch[5],swatch[6].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why you want to do like this?

If you need to use any specific color, you can get then with name & use it.

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Sunil, yes. im coding a script for my small company so this is just one of them.
They are specific color i defines for "unsure info" in my document. So i want to move them in position swatch array [4~6] and first four default colors stay same position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OfficialNeaven,

the first four swatches in your Swatches Panel might be the "default" colors in your specific document.

Note, that a user can move them around in any other order in the Swatches Panel.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Laubender, i love your script. Been learning script from your, really a fan.

Actually, the first four is default and i am not gonna move them anywhere. My meant is TOP OF SWATCH ORDER && AVOID the first 4 default colors. swatches[0~3] => 
that means top of swatch is swatches[4~6]. because they are specific color i defines for "unsure info" in my document. and there are like a lot. and this is for swapping swatch function later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn’t a way to rearrange the swatches in the Swatches panel the way you can in the UI, but if you wanted to get a collection of swatches that does not include the readonly default swatches, you could build a function that returns a collection of just the read/write swatches. Something like this:

//a collection of all read/write swatches
var mySwatches = getSwatches();  

$.writeln("Number of swatches: " + mySwatches.length)
$.writeln("Swatch named " + mySwatches[0].name +" Properties: " + mySwatches[0].properties.toSource())

/**
* Gets a collection of the active document’s read/write swatches 
*  an array of swatches 
*/
function getSwatches(){
    var p=app.activeDocument.swatches; 
    var def = ["Black", "Cyan", "Magenta", "Yellow", "Paper", "Registration", "None"]; 
    var s = [];
    var d = false;

for (var i = 0; i < p.length; i++){
        for (var j = 0; j < def.length; j++) {
            if (def[j] === p[i].name) {
                d = true;
            }
        }
        if (!d) {s.push(p[i])} 
        d = false;
    }
    return s
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A litle workaround would be to store the defautlt swatches, remove them, add your custom 3 swatches, and then readd the default swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to remove a default swatch (the swatches in brackets) with JS the script will throw an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default I meant the default color swatches like Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Red, Green and what not... (the first thing I delete after resetting ID :D).

Of course if OfficialNeaven meant the colors in brackets my comment is mute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP wants the scripted colors to be listed at the top of the Swatches panel, above [None].

How can i add 3 specific color C100, M100 and Y100 to TOP OF SWATCH ORDER

You can do that with the UI by dragging the colors, but not via scripting.  If all of the user defined colors are removed, and you add a color, it gets listed after the default [Black] swatch in the UI and not at the top.

So:

var doc = app.activeDocument;

var ns = doc.colors.add({name:"Red", colorValue:[0, 100, 100, 0]})

Gives me this when there are no user defined swatches:

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob,

ah, yes, that makes a lot of sense…

Even if you drag the swatches around in the Swatches panel:

If you export to IDML and open the IDML file as document the order of swatches has changed so that [None], [Registration], [Paper] and [Black] is on top of the list.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines