• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I bring a multi-page PDF document into InDesign?

Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document which is several pages. A simple 'place' command into the new and empty InDesign document only places page 1.  I would like to have all of the pages in the PDF document brought in on their respective pages 1, 2, 3... and so forth... I'm lost at the correct way of doing this. Is there a way? How do I do this?

tia,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

You'll want a script. Here is an article I wrote about a script and the discussion (start with the oldest comments by clicking "comments" at the top) provides some good info, too: https://indesignsecrets.com/placing-all-the-pages-of-a-pdf-inside-indesign.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want a script. Here is an article I wrote about a script and the discussion (start with the oldest comments by clicking "comments" at the top) provides some good info, too: https://indesignsecrets.com/placing-all-the-pages-of-a-pdf-inside-indesign.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that script is handy to "place" each page as a PDF. If you want the full layers back, with live text, images, colors and what have you, then you should look to a PDF converter. We here at Markzware offer PDF2DTP:

https://markzware.com/products/pdf2dtp/

I hope this helps you.

Friendly Regards,

David Dilling

Markzware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and,  for  those  who  have  only  a  handful  of  pages  and  do  not  wish  to  use  a  script … it  can  be  done  with  the  "file/place"  command … choose  "show import options" :

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 2.50.00 PM.png   Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 2.50.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines