Highlighted

How can I download an earlier version of InDesign?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wonder if someone can offer some advice on downloading and installing an earlier version of InDesign.  I'm enrolled on an InDesign course through my work and have Windows 8 on my laptop.  However this OS is not compatible with the latest version of InDesign and I believe, according to the website, that I would need to download InDesign Oct 2017 (13.x) which is compatible with Windows 8. 

The problem is that Adobe don't seem to offer this version through the Creative Cloud? I have looked but can't see it so I'm hoping I can get some help from somebody on here as there also doesn't appear to be a way of contacting Adobe directly??

Topics

Activation billing and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I download an earlier version of InDesign?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wonder if someone can offer some advice on downloading and installing an earlier version of InDesign.  I'm enrolled on an InDesign course through my work and have Windows 8 on my laptop.  However this OS is not compatible with the latest version of InDesign and I believe, according to the website, that I would need to download InDesign Oct 2017 (13.x) which is compatible with Windows 8. 

The problem is that Adobe don't seem to offer this version through the Creative Cloud? I have looked but can't see it so I'm hoping I can get some help from somebody on here as there also doesn't appear to be a way of contacting Adobe directly??

Topics

Activation billing and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the following link works

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

If it works make sure you keep the copy of installer safe as you never know when these links would be taken down by Adobe

A warning, beware if someone privately message you offering you an installer etc, they might scam you or provide you a rigged installer. The link i gave downloads from Adobe servers, if it does not work then official channels are closed, don't fall prey to scammers

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik,

try to download the installers from there:

Creative Cloud 2017 – Adobe CC 2017 Download Links – ALL Languages
https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

After the installation process try to get updates through the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great guys, thanks so much for the link and advice.  I have downloaded the zipped file and will, hopefully successfully, install it later and let you know how I get on! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines