• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i place several hyperlinks to text anchor in one sentence?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a reference list with more than 100 references. They are with a character style colored and in superscript. 

My document has text like this:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. <sup>1,2,42,53</sup>"

I can only place a hyperlink to text anchor for "1", the hyperlinks for 2, 42, 53 I cannot place.

they all have a hyperlink destination. Hyperlink destination was made in Hyperlink tab.

Is it a maximium of 1 hyperlink per sentence?

Please help me, i'm stuck.

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not try the Index panel instead?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just done a quick test and succesfully exported to Interactive PDF three numbered hyperlinks to three separate websites – 1,2,3 I selected the number but not the comma. I didn't bother changing the hyperlink style for this.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 14.30.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, she is trying to make Hyperlink Destinations, something more specific than URL Hyperlinks. My impression of what she is trying to do looks like Indexing, but I might be misunderstanding.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dereck's right.

Just make sure that only the upserscript reference number is selected and then hyperlinked to the destination, not the comma (or space in some people's designs).

Multiple sequential hyperlinks to different destinations.Multiple sequential hyperlinks to different destinations.

The comma puts a break in the content code that keeps the hyperlinks separate. I sometimes add a small thin space between the reference numbers to make it easier on the eyes.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

I may be wrong but I think our OP Manon likes to do more than one text anchor destination of hyperlinks in one sentence.

But also this is possible. The hyperlink anchor could be in front of any character. And another anchor, another destination, could well be in the same sentence, just a character away.

All screenshots below from my German InDesign 2020 on Windows 10:

HyperlinkDestinations-Text.PNG

The text anchor special character is the one with the two blue dots in front of the red number of the text. You can make it visible if you turn on the visibility of invisible characters in the layout view or in the Story Editor itself.

Hyperlink definition with text anchor as destination:

HyperlinkDestinations-Text-2.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines