• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can stop Mac from opening two versions of indesign from opening simultaneously

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I stop my Apple Macintosh computer from opening two versions of indesign simultaneously?

I often see in my Dock that both the 2020 and 2021 versions of Indesign are open simultaneoulsy.

I don't want the older (2020) version to open. 

In the Dock, when I left click on the Indesign 2020 icon and scroll to > Options, the fly-out panel shows "Open at Login" is checked (√).  

Every time when I move my cursor over "Open at Login" to try to get rid of the checkmark, and then go through the routine again, "Open at Login" the checkmark is still there.

I find this occurs whether or not one or both versions of Indesign are open when I try to uncheck "Open at Login" in the Dock.

Tony

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off login items in System Preferences. 

Click the apple icon in the top left of your screen.

Click system preferences. 

Click on users and groups and then click on Login items.

Click on the item you want to remove and click the minus symbol down the bottom.

You may beed to click the lock icon down the bottom to make these changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Simon and Willi!

Simon, I tried your suggested procedures (to change the system preferences).  I think that has solved my problem!

Tony 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the file icon upon the correct program icon instead of double clicking to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines