• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i create a digital publishing document on indesign cc 16

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to creat an epub document and, and in all the tutorials (on the left in the photo attached) it says to open a new document and change from print to digital publishing. But on my indesign version (vs 16, the latest) there is no such option. I only have print, web or mobile (on the right in the photo attached).

so how do i make a digital publishing document??

thank you!

Hadas  

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're reading some very old tutorials. Use either web or mobile.

Either will give you the defaults you'd likely need for an epub.

Just be sure anything you're looking at is for epub and not for some old digital publishing suite stuff that uses the overlay panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware of how you quote versions

InDesign 16.0 - the version released in October 2020. It is the 16th version (obvious, of course, but read on...)

InDesign CC 2021 - the marketing name for this same product, because all the CC apps are "2016", no matter what version they are. 

Take care not to say, for example, InDesign CC 16. That could easily tell you about the CC version in use back in 2016, though there never was a CC 2016, only CC 2015 and CC 2017. Search for info on the current version as "InDesign 16.0" or "InDesign CC 2021".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The term "digital publishing" includes a number of formats such as PDF, FXL ePub, Reflowable ePub, mobi, iBooks, and web apps. It's important to understand the advantages and disdvantages of each forrmat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines