• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I export a book half colour/half black and white to PDF?

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book that needs printing half colour/half b&w. So, page 1 is b&w, 2-3 colour, 4-5 b&w, 6-7 colour etc. Document is almost 900 pages long and contains over 1000 images. I don't want to convert the images manually as additional pages may be added during a reprint which could change the colours around. How do I export to PDF for print to do this automatically?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

You can convert pages to grayscale on Export by setting the Output Destination profile to a Gray profile, but it will convert all of the pages. It would be possible to script the export and then use Acrobat’s Combine Files tool to combine the pages into a single doc. 

Without a script you could look at Acrobat’s Convert Colors which would let you convert a range of pages to grayscale:

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you start by discussing the imposition with your printer so you can both agree on a strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this, attached. They have been printing like this for years - but most books only contain a small number of photos so have done it manually up to now - but thought there must be an easier way for larger books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can convert pages to grayscale on Export by setting the Output Destination profile to a Gray profile, but it will convert all of the pages. It would be possible to script the export and then use Acrobat’s Combine Files tool to combine the pages into a single doc. 

Without a script you could look at Acrobat’s Convert Colors which would let you convert a range of pages to grayscale:

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines