• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get correct TH tags in an ID table with both column headers and row headers?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make a table in InDesign, I may specify there is a column header row (and column footer row). But I can't find a way to specify one column to be headers for each row.

Thus, I get th tags in my PDF only for the column header row. 

See enclosed example when I compare a table with only a column row with a table (2) where the left column are row headers. 

As a surprising feature, retagging the PDF makes the row headers into TH tags but remove the TH tags for the column headers! 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

InDesign doesn't give us the tool to set the row headers, only column headers.

You'll have to bug Adobe to get that feature. Go to http://indesign.uservoice.com and first, search to see if this request has already been logged. If so, vote for it!

If it's not already there, then add a feature request for it.

Accessible tables are a bear and we need InDesign to give us the full set of tools we need, and row headers is one of them.

When you log the feature request, let us know back here so we

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign doesn't give us the tool to set the row headers, only column headers.

You'll have to bug Adobe to get that feature. Go to http://indesign.uservoice.com and first, search to see if this request has already been logged. If so, vote for it!

If it's not already there, then add a feature request for it.

Accessible tables are a bear and we need InDesign to give us the full set of tools we need, and row headers is one of them.

When you log the feature request, let us know back here so we can vote it up. Adobe decides which features to program by the vote count. Tell your colleagues to vote for this. Bribe your dog to vote for it. As they say in elections, vote early and often!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines