• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I make pennant style type?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to lay out pennants, don't want to size letters individually.

Image result for PENNANT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just do this in illustrator and apply a warp effect, it will be dynamic so you can adjust it all you want. i would do this in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, I will do so.  I figured that.  I just use InDesign 90% of the time.......not too efficient with Illustrator.

Can you provide me with the key steps, then do I copy paste out of Illustrator and drop into InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not post in the Illustrator forum? That’s where the gurus hang out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this! Question: I also want to have a pennant reversed (pennant goes right to left, so type goes from small to large). I tried doing the horizonal  +22 (instead of -22) but it's not working as well as the left to right/large to small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,

1. open illustrator, make a default page for print.  does not matter the size since this is all vector .
  2. type your text with the font you want. at whatever size.
  3. go to effect, than select bulge
  4. start with the effect settings i have in my screenshot.

you can adjust this all day long from the apperance panel later and get back to the effect window and adjust as you want.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 9.25.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 9.24.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you aim for dynamic effect in illustrator you can adjust this as much as you want anytime. Deke has a whole section in dynamic effects in lynda.com advance illustrator training. The appearance panel in illustrator is super powerful. you could just work from that panel if you wanted. highly recommend you go to lynda.com if you want to learn more about dynamic effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can easily be done in Photoshop as well (even if illustrator is better).  Just type text, then select the "create warped text" button, the same way you'd make the text an arch.  Select Horizontal radio button. Set bend and vertical distortion to zero and then adjust the horizontal distortion the the desired amount (see screen shot). Hope this helps somebody who doesn't have Illustrator:)
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 10.30.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines