• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open interactive PDF with Adobe Flash Player?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create an interactive PDF for a client with sound and video available.

The sound and video work in the EPUB preview, but when I open the interactive PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC I cannot play any media. The hyperlinks that lead to other pages are working, but when I try to play the sound/video elements Adobe Acrobat keeps saying I need Adobe Flash, even though it was discontinued Dec 2020. 

Any thoughts on exporting differently, or other software that supports interactive PDFs?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021
No. There are countless discussions here on this.

Unless you have full and total control over the reader app the user will be opening the file in and can control the way the preferences are set in Acrobat, you'll need to re-think the entire project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Have a look at InDesign's Publish Online. You can include all the interactivity you want including video and audio.  It's easy to produce from InDesign and the documents can be opened on any device with an HTML5 browser – PCs, Macs, Tablets and Smart Phones. The downside is you have to be online to access the documents and they can't be monetised.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. There are countless discussions here on this.

Unless you have full and total control over the reader app the user will be opening the file in and can control the way the preferences are set in Acrobat, you'll need to re-think the entire project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at InDesign's Publish Online. You can include all the interactivity you want including video and audio.  It's easy to produce from InDesign and the documents can be opened on any device with an HTML5 browser – PCs, Macs, Tablets and Smart Phones. The downside is you have to be online to access the documents and they can't be monetised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines