• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I resize a page while preserving liquid layout, without affecting other pages

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I drag a page to change its size while holding down alt it preserves my liquid formatting, but it also changes the size of every other page (I am making e-blasts and they are all different lengths so this is an issue). When I use the page dimensions box to alter the dimensions of the page, it does not honor my liquid formatting (just a pin bottom footer which would end up being cropped if I were to shorten the page), but it does resize locally.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

I just ended up overriding my liquid layout headers and footers on each page and resizing locally by manually inputting page heights. At least it seems to honor my liquid layout rules when they're overriden and applied locally. Kind of a pain and I wish I could just drag the page size to make this work instead of guessing and checking at page height values.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Pages panel, do you have just that one page targeted? Or are many pages targeted (hinted in blue)?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not, and I just tried selecting multiple pages and going back to selecting a single page but it didn't change anything for me. I've also tried restarting indesign.

Incase it changes anything, the footer comes from a master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ended up overriding my liquid layout headers and footers on each page and resizing locally by manually inputting page heights. At least it seems to honor my liquid layout rules when they're overriden and applied locally. Kind of a pain and I wish I could just drag the page size to make this work instead of guessing and checking at page height values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines