Highlighted

How do I style group of tags with paragraph styles? See example photo.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to style a group of tags like the ones on this forum but it doesn't seem possible in InDesign. The example photo below is the look I'm trying to achieve.

I have tried to accomplish this with anchored tags in the past, but it seemed to get buggy when wrapping to multiple lines. Is it possible to achieve this look with paragraph styles? Or any other way?

This is very quick and easy to accomplish in HTML/CSS. Not so much in InDesign. Maybe InDesign could add an "inline" feature in the future to have paragraph styles appear "inline" without line breaks.

rosacreative_1-1597160806225.png

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I style group of tags with paragraph styles? See example photo.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to style a group of tags like the ones on this forum but it doesn't seem possible in InDesign. The example photo below is the look I'm trying to achieve.

I have tried to accomplish this with anchored tags in the past, but it seemed to get buggy when wrapping to multiple lines. Is it possible to achieve this look with paragraph styles? Or any other way?

This is very quick and easy to accomplish in HTML/CSS. Not so much in InDesign. Maybe InDesign could add an "inline" feature in the future to have paragraph styles appear "inline" without line breaks.

rosacreative_1-1597160806225.png

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lil-ro,

what goes wrong when you do this with anchored frames flowing in a text frame?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
lil-ro LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign kept crashing if I tried to change the text in the anchor boxes.

I'm giving it another try and making some changes to the Object styles and see if that fixes things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0