• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you thread text boxes in InDesign 16.0?

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer see the icon on the text box to link to another text box in the latest update.  Where did it go?  How do you link text boxes?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Nothing changed with how text frames are threaded in v16. Be sure that you have the Selection tool and click to select a frame. The inport and outport will be visible once the frame is selected.

If you can't select the frame, you won't see them. Is the frame locked? Is the layer locked? Is the frame on a master page? Does it work as expected in a new file?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed with how text frames are threaded in v16. Be sure that you have the Selection tool and click to select a frame. The inport and outport will be visible once the frame is selected.

If you can't select the frame, you won't see them. Is the frame locked? Is the layer locked? Is the frame on a master page? Does it work as expected in a new file?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized you can't see the box if the text isn't long enough to be hidden.  Dumb me.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. After an update, I never know if it is me or the application causing an issue—and the new issues normally come up when I'm teaching a class. I've learned over time to assume it is me. 😊

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines