• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does one increase the display size of anchor points?

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I find the display size of anchor points in ID way too small... ooming in - unless to a ridiculous amount - doesn't help very much. so, is there a way to increase the display size of anchor points / nodes?

TIA...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Hi Occulus,

As Steve mentioned, we do not have any such option in InDesign. However, it would be great to have a similar feature in InDesign too. Would you mind sharing a feature request here at our Adobe InDesign Feedback form? This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

For UI scaling in Windows refer to this help article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to mention System details:

CC: 2018 (InDesign)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Occulus,

As Steve mentioned, we do not have any such option in InDesign. However, it would be great to have a similar feature in InDesign too. Would you mind sharing a feature request here at our Adobe InDesign Feedback form? This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

For UI scaling in Windows refer to this help article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, this is the only answer I see from Adobe when I am looking for a solution is - "Could you ask us to do this officially please"... You work there, instead of responding to the users with this, take their comment and submit it for them, push the ball forward.

Not offerring UI size changes in 2021 seems aggregious, not to mention it is a barrier to those with any sort of vision impairment. The path points in InDesign are 1 pixel, the smallest possible unit. Bravo.

Yes, we can use other apps. However I am training yearbook students today on the pen tool, and InDesign is the app they have access to in the lab - so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Join InDesign Prerelease:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign, where anchor points are used much less than in Illustrator, does not have such a control.

You're better off doing extensive vector editing in Illustrator where there are such settings in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display.

But I believe Windows 10 has UI scaling features. However, I'm a Mac user so I'm not familiar with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh, extensive's got nothing to do with it. The anchor points in Id are pinpricks. Especially for accessibility's sake, I think it's more than reasonable to have the expectation for a small and large option. Glad someone submitted a request two and a half years ago, though.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Occulus,

Please please PLEASE submit a feature request as Srishti suggests above.

This bothers me every day I'm in InDesign.

If you do and the engineers make it happen, I will be in debt to you forever!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bevi,

You too can submit a feature request and share the link here to be upvoted by people who want the same feature.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve / Srishti  / Bevi... Thanks for the replies...

Nope Steve, am not really talking about heavy lifting... just fine tuning nodes for text wraps... very difficult with all those myriad, miniscule node points / anchors. And fiddling with the Windows UI just adds to more hassles down the line.

Srishti / Bevi have submitted a feature request... but that doesn't solve my immediate problem

Cheers guys...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like using native PSD alpha-channel transparency prepared in PS, and after placing into InDesign, I set the Text Wrap to detect edges. This means I fiddle less with nodes on text wraps. Setting clever H&Js on paragraph styles can also influence how much futzing you might want in a text wrap.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually do that (the alpha channel bit)... but for fine tuning one, sometimes, still needs to adjust the nodes / anchors. That's when these miniscule nodes become a pain In fact, I often use a magnifying glass! Seriously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines