Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many InDesign Creative Cloud application can be installed on a system

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having Adobe Indesign CS6 and Adobe Creative Cloud licenses. I want to know if it's ok to use InDesign CS6 and InDesign CC15, 18, 19 and 2020 versions on a system. Someone told me that I can use only two versions of InDesign in a system even if I have a license, please confirm. I chat with Adobe executive and they also not sure so it's a very bad chat experience.

I hope you guys can help me to understand.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

If you have them installed they will run together. For legal questions the EULA is here:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the current and one most recent versions are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob for your response I can understand that only two versions available to install in the CC app. But if I am installing the app as it's version increasing then I can use only the last two versions on my machines or many (e.g. InDesign CC, CC15, 18, 19 and 2020) including InDesign CS6 license which I have separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone told me that I can use only two versions of InDesign

No, this is wrong. You can use many versions of InDesign (I have CC 2014, 2018, 2019 and 2020). The only limitation is that you can activate these versions only on two machines simutaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am using just one machine and I think you have given my question reply. I tried to chat with Adobe executive as well and he is also unsure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have problems running InDesign CS6 under recent OS's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek! I know InDesign CS6 having an issue with Catalina but I am using Mojave so there will not be an issue. My question is if there is any legal issue to use Adobe InDesign CS6 along with all the CC versions of InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have them installed they will run together. For legal questions the EULA is here:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines