• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a Haitian Creole dictionary to InDesign?

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all;

At HistoryMiami Museum, we produce a lot of material in the three most spoken languages in our community, English, Spanish and Haitian Creole, following the Miami-Dade County government best practices. InDesign has already incorporated dictionaries in English and Spanish. We are looking for a comprehensive Haitian Creole dictionary to add to InDesign, for spellcheck purposes. We would appreciate any help with this matter. Thank you.

Thank you,

Lead Creative, HistoryMiami Museum

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can add the Haitian Creole dictionary in InDesign preferences (CTRL/ CMD+K). 

add user dictionary.png

For more details, please take a look at this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/spell-checking-language-dictionaries.html#hyphenation_and_spelling_dictionaries). 

Let us know if this helps or if you have further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can add the Haitian Creole dictionary in InDesign preferences (CTRL/ CMD+K). 

add user dictionary.png

For more details, please take a look at this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/spell-checking-language-dictionaries.html#hyphenation_and_...). 

Let us know if this helps or if you have further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello;

Thank you for the answer. I understand I can add dictionaries to InDesign, but I will need the actual file to add. I don't currently have a Haitian Creole dictionary. Could you please let me know what kind of files extension is needed to add a dictionary to InDesign? That way I might reach to the community and see if someone can prepare that dictionary for me to add to my InDesign.

Thank you

Rodrigo Nuno

{Personal Information removed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for responding. Dictionaries have .UDC extension. Please find more information under "Create or add user dictionaries" on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/spell-checking-language-dictionaries.html#hyphenation_and_... shared earlier.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines