• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add new comment as designer in 'Share for Review'?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can I as a designer (the owner of the shared document,) add a New comment to the reviewer in the 2nd and 3rd round of amendments. Can this be done in the Review panel in Indesign? 

I can reply to comments within this panel but not create a new comment on a different page? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Hi Abingdon01,

hm, it seems that I as an owner of the document cannot add a stand-alone comment at all.

Not in the inital state, not in the first round, not in the second or another round.

Using InDesign's REVIEW panel the owner of the documentcan only reply to a comment.

To change that:

Go to the REVIEW in the browser and add a comment there.

You can do this at any time during the whole reviewing process.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please check out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/manage-feedback.html to know how you can manage feedback. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I have read all these it was a stand alone comment though indesign review panel I was after. As per other reply seems its not available unless through browers at present. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abingdon01,

hm, it seems that I as an owner of the document cannot add a stand-alone comment at all.

Not in the inital state, not in the first round, not in the second or another round.

Using InDesign's REVIEW panel the owner of the documentcan only reply to a comment.

To change that:

Go to the REVIEW in the browser and add a comment there.

You can do this at any time during the whole reviewing process.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response, I did notice I can add comments in the browser version. It just seems a waste of the function to have to leave indesign and add a stand alone comment else were. I hope they will review this so it can all be in one place. Many thanks again, much appreciated, thought I was missing something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines