• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add Text if a Checkbox is ticked? See screenshot attached

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a one-contract fit all.... and I am trying to find a solution where I can add Text if a Checkbox is ticked? Please see screenshot attached to understand what I mean.

I am looking to create a one Contract and based on answer to adjust the contract with additional terms. Anyone knows how I can achieve this? I couldn't find anything on google, youtube or here. Any help is much appreciated 

adobe idesign.png

 

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

This is not something you can accomplish with InDesign the way you're referring to it. What you can do, is use conditional text, but that will require the use of InDesign to create the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

It probably could be done in Acrobat somehow. Acrobat has page templates, so they perhaps could be used.

Alternatively, you could have the actual contract text as one or more big text fields. A script in Acrobat could then insert the desired text in the text field. If the formatting is fairly conservative, as appears in the screenshot, a text field could handle it.

Not so simple, especially if the whole contract doesn't fit on a single page. But probably doable if it's very important to do it th

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope someone can help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something you can accomplish with InDesign the way you're referring to it. What you can do, is use conditional text, but that will require the use of InDesign to create the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I export as PDF (Interactive) I can then apply conditional text on Acrobat Pro? Or is there need for Javascript or any sort of scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way I know of to do it with a PDF. This would have to be done in InDesign not with a checkbox in the document but with the conditional text panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It probably could be done in Acrobat somehow. Acrobat has page templates, so they perhaps could be used.

Alternatively, you could have the actual contract text as one or more big text fields. A script in Acrobat could then insert the desired text in the text field. If the formatting is fairly conservative, as appears in the screenshot, a text field could handle it.

Not so simple, especially if the whole contract doesn't fit on a single page. But probably doable if it's very important to do it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines