Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add two numbering per page

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I want to add numbering to my 250 pages document (like auto page numbering) BUT every pages are including two different numbers. I think you will understand what i mean if you look at the attachment; i want to add numbering to every text box.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am not sure to understand what you want to get. Do you want to have the left side of your spread numbered as 1, the right side as 2 and so on? If this is correct, you should set up your file with facing pages and the page width should be the half. You only need to put a frame on each master page with automatic numbering. But note that generally odd pages are right pages and even pages are left pages.

If I misunderstand your question, can you explain it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you want to have the left side of your spread numbered as 1, the right side as 2 and so on?"

Yes, i want that but i can not decrease page sizes because i have to send it to print center as it is, so there must be "two numbering boxes per page". I'm trying to find out a way to do it. (Numbering must be as yo can see at attachment)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Murat,

that kind of numbering can be done with a numbered list in your applied paragraph style.

List Type: Numbers

List: New List…

New List > Options:

[ x ] Continue Numbers accross Stories

From my German InDesign 2021 where I set up a new custom "List" for numbering:

NumberedListStyle-1.PNG

^# only to get a number at the start of a paragraph:

NumberedListStyle-2.PNG

To trigger the numbering you need a regular character in the paragraph, in my case a simple blank:

NumberedListStyle-3.PNG

If you duplicate that text frame numbering will continue:

NumberedListStyle-4.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not understanding the OP's problem. The sample shown just looks like page numbers to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

yes, but "page numbers" with imaginary pages.

There is no facing pages document.

Just one page per spread where two areas mark "two pages".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that detail Uwe! I'm still confused 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure it wouldn't make more sense, if I understand Uwe's interpretation to be correct, to set this up as facing pages and export spreads for the printer, but that assumes there's no need for imposition, which I find hard to believe.

I think we need a LOT more information on the document setup, number of "pages", and workflow to the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines