Highlighted

How to alter text alignment for interactive text fields?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to make an interactive form in inDesign with reasonable success, but there is one feature that I need to make the whole thing work; the capability to centre the text in the text field box that I have drawn. The Buttons and Forms tab gives me the option to change text size, but that seems to be the only option available in terms of text formatting.

Knowing how to do other features such as making inputted text bold or underlined would also be helpful.

I have looked around on tutorials but none seem to address my specific issue as far as I'm aware. If anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Can’t be done natively in InDesign. Try in Acrobat. Tools > Forms > Edit. Double click on the text field to get Properties. Change its Alignment in Options tab.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to alter text alignment for interactive text fields?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to make an interactive form in inDesign with reasonable success, but there is one feature that I need to make the whole thing work; the capability to centre the text in the text field box that I have drawn. The Buttons and Forms tab gives me the option to change text size, but that seems to be the only option available in terms of text formatting.

Knowing how to do other features such as making inputted text bold or underlined would also be helpful.

I have looked around on tutorials but none seem to address my specific issue as far as I'm aware. If anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Can’t be done natively in InDesign. Try in Acrobat. Tools > Forms > Edit. Double click on the text field to get Properties. Change its Alignment in Options tab.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2017 2
Mentor ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but don't fix it in Acrobat until the form is finished, because if you have to update the form in InDesign, and output a new PDF, you will lose the editing you added in Acrobat.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily. You could always use the replace pages command in Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all possible with our FormMagic | Id-Extras.com

A free edition is available for short forms.

Ariel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put fillable text boxes where you want them in InDesign then export pdf (interactive). Open pdf in Acrobat then click on tools tab>prepare form. Double click on fillable text box to open panel and under options select Center under Alignment drop down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1