How to apply a gradient to multiple threaded textboxes.

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to create a single gradient that goes through multiple threaded textboxes as one interrupted gradient, rather than an entire gradient constrained within a text box.

What I'm trying to achieve:

Text Box 1- red

Text box 2 - orange

Text box 3 - yellow

What I'm getting:

Text box 1 - red then orange then yellow

Text box 2 - red then orange then yellow

Text box 3 - red then orange then yellow

I hope that's clear enough.

This has been driving me absolutely crazy. I don't need to be able to edit live text, I've been trying to do some sort of clipping mask but the paragraph is too complex even if I create outlines. 

Any help would be very much appreciated thanks!!

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020
Sounds like you are already part way there. You have threaded text frames, each filled with the same gradient, something like this: Select all frames with the black Selection tool. Select the Gradient tool in the Tools panel and drag horizontally across all of the selected frames.

translate

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Hmm! Screenshots please!

Note if you wanna apply the gradient to the 3 text frames, select them + the gradient [colors panel] and use the "Gradient" tool!

… But if you want to apply the gradient to the "text"! … [bug]

(^/)  The Jedi

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you could accomplish this in a number of ways

1. create three separation gradients that would simulate the continous gradient.

2. one frame applied the gradient, within the frame, another element, like a table, columns, etc. that would contain the threaded text.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are already part way there. You have threaded text frames, each filled with the same gradient, something like this:

image.png

Select all frames with the black Selection tool. Select the Gradient tool in the Tools panel and drag horizontally across all of the selected frames.

image.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines