Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to bold the contents inside <strong></strong> tag in the XML

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me to develope a script to bold the contents inside <strong></strong> tag in InDesign document??

-Jothi

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

With XML, you can take a couple different approaches. 1. You could map the <strong> XML tag to a bold character style in InDesign using the map tags to styles dialog box. 2. You could use an aid attribute in the XML to specify a character style to apply to text. For example <span aid:cstyle="Bold">Text to make bold</span>.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for examples on how to use findgrep, there are lots of these on the forum. I see you have participated in one of those, so you know how to use it. Regarding bold we already had a discussion in the previous thread where i did demonstrate how to find it, you just need to change the fontstyle property of the found text. What is confusing here, you already are a developer this should be a trivial task to do.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With XML, you can take a couple different approaches. 1. You could map the <strong> XML tag to a bold character style in InDesign using the map tags to styles dialog box. 2. You could use an aid attribute in the XML to specify a character style to apply to text. For example <span aid:cstyle="Bold">Text to make bold</span>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your reply!! I had find the solution..

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you explain your solution please 😄 !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines