Highlighted

How to change cursor to animated blue circle in Indesign?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a custom plugin where I need to change the cursor to animated blue circle while background operations are happening. I am able to change cursor to a static one e.g kAnimCrsrWatch_5. But not able to change it to aniated wait cursor.

Can someone help with this?

You can use an instance of class AcquireWaitCursor.

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change cursor to animated blue circle in Indesign?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a custom plugin where I need to change the cursor to animated blue circle while background operations are happening. I am able to change cursor to a static one e.g kAnimCrsrWatch_5. But not able to change it to aniated wait cursor.

Can someone help with this?

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Animated blue circle" is pretty vague but I don't think you're going to do it using InDesign natively. You'll likely need a 3rd party product to make this happen. What is the custom plugin you are using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad, It seems that OP is herself trying to create a third party plugin with this functionality.

@OP, Could you post some code snippet, that would help someone integrate that bit of code into a sample and see if they can help

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!! It worked. Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0