How to change different text sizes at once?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if there's a way to reduce or increase the size of different text sizes at once? 

TOPICS
Type

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021
Select all of the text and then Shift-Command-> to increase the point size and Shift-Command-< to decrease. The increment is set in your Units & Increments Preferences. 

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I undertstand correctly, you want to resize all the text on a page proportionally? If so, you can select all of the text boxes with the direct select tool, and (on a Mac) use Shift-Command while grapping one corner of the selection. This will allow you to drag the size of everything larger or smaller.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but is there any way I can increase or decrease the size of the text by point (pt) not by scaling the text box? Like in Word

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you are trying to scale text of different sizes and/or in different text boxes. 

For that, I think you would need to set up styles, and edit each style to the size you want. 

(Maybe this could be scripted. That is outside of my knowledge base, but someone who knows scripting may come in with a solution for you.)

Edit:  My mistake - it can be done, as Rob Day has described. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all of the text and then Shift-Command-> to increase the point size and Shift-Command-< to decrease. The increment is set in your Units & Increments Preferences. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! On PC it's SHIFT+CTRL+, and SHIFT+CTRL+.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also customize the incrementing key commands:

Screen Shot 18.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @rob day

Right. You can also select one or multiple text frames (click, Shift-click, or marquee-select with the Selection tool), and increase/decrease the text in them using the key shortcuts. Note that unless the frame(s) is/are set to Auto Size (or have a lot of empty space), you may produce an overset text condition.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines