• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the default size of the window that opens up when you try to place something.

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure of the exact term and I havent been able to find a result online, so I figured I would ask here. Im on an iMac if that matters on Creative Cloud, everything is up to date.

When you go to place something by pressing command + D, there is a window that pops up and allows you to select what item you want to bring in. That window is too small for me to see all my files, so I have to resize it every time to find things easily. I feel like there has to be a way to change the default size, but everything I have tried has not worked and I didnt find any answers online.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

It sounds like a bug in the latest version of Mac Big Sur that happens in all applications, not just InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is on macOS 11 Big Sur, Steve Werner may be on to something. There are reports of Open/Save dialog boxes being too tiny in macOS 11:

Tiny Open and Save dialogs in Big Sur  – St. Clair Software

OSX Big Sur 11.1 reverts size of open/save windows [Annoying!] – MacRumors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on Big Sur Version 11.1 and InDesign is on 16.0.1. Do you think that would make the place dialog box tiny as well? All dialogue boxes I open up are small, be it Open, Save, Place, Export etc. They're usable, but its a pain in the you know what. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely a Big Sur bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it’s often talked about as an Open/Save bug, it’s really about any time you see that box where you can pick a folder on your computer or type in a file name. So that also affects all dialog boxes having to do with importing, exporting, saving presets, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can only assume it is a new bug. I was off 3 weeks for the birth of my son and I did not have this issue before. Hopefully it will get fixed sooner rather than later, I will manage with the inconvenience until then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines