Highlighted

How to Clipping mask to clean edges

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to create freeform vectors that went outside the border and then drag a rectangle that was the same shape as the document, use clipping mask, and tada- clean straight edges.

Now whenever I right click, I can't find the clipping mask option, and when I go to objects tab, the option is greyed out. 

Here are the steps I normally take when I clip

>new layer, create new shape the size of my document

>select all, right click

>clipping mask option

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Clipping mask to clean edges

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to create freeform vectors that went outside the border and then drag a rectangle that was the same shape as the document, use clipping mask, and tada- clean straight edges.

Now whenever I right click, I can't find the clipping mask option, and when I go to objects tab, the option is greyed out. 

Here are the steps I normally take when I clip

>new layer, create new shape the size of my document

>select all, right click

>clipping mask option

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Clipping Path feature under the Objects menu, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. Any frame can serve as a clipping path if you paste an element or group of elements into it using Paste Into. Why do you need a clipping path in this case? There's no harm in elements overlapping the page or bleed area onto the pasteboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0