Highlighted

How to copy InDesign preferences from macOS Mojave to Windows 10?

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use (copy?) preferences from ID on a Mac (Mojave) in Windows (10)? Or do I manually have to set each and every setting, option, worspace, shortcuts, etc. etc. etc...?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike Witherell | Adobe Community Professional

You can and should do it manually. While there used to be a method, currently there is none. Many prefs a stored as numerous individual files within the preferences folder are copy n pasteable to a new location in each OS, but I wouldnt recommend it.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to copy InDesign preferences from macOS Mojave to Windows 10?

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use (copy?) preferences from ID on a Mac (Mojave) in Windows (10)? Or do I manually have to set each and every setting, option, worspace, shortcuts, etc. etc. etc...?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike Witherell | Adobe Community Professional

You can and should do it manually. While there used to be a method, currently there is none. Many prefs a stored as numerous individual files within the preferences folder are copy n pasteable to a new location in each OS, but I wouldnt recommend it.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Mike is absolutely correct. It is not recommended to copy preferences between versions and OS. Please create new ones on Windows 10. Find more information about preferences on this help article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0