• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a Legal Document with margin notes?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to create a Legal Document with margin notes. These margin notes should relate to the main document. When I add or delete a clause or a paragraph, the marginal note should also move downwards or upwards as the case may be.

A similar document in PDF format can be seen by clicking the link below. I have attached it.

http://negombolawsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/04-2019_E.pdf

In this, if Section 2(2) in page 1 is deleted, I want Section 3 in page 2 moves up together with the side note.

I have tried several options and have not been successful.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Anchor the margin note text panel to the first line of the main document text paragraph.

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 17.27.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Hi!

What you need to play is really simple if you know how to do it! …

You just need to write the "sidenote" para [with the right para style] below the para concerned.

After that, 1 click: all the "sidenote" paras will been "moved" in an anchored text frame!

… Like in this video made 4 years ago for a client [the text is here just copied-moved but it could be cut-moved too]:

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anchor the margin note text panel to the first line of the main document text paragraph.

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 17.27.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

I will test it and let you know.

My original document is with 300 to 400 pages and there are many amendments that have come across during the past.

I want to create a consolidated document removing and adding sections accoring to the said amendments.

In doing that, the main doucment is amended, and whenever I remove a paragraph, the rest together with the side notes should aslo move up.

Hope your Answer works for me.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

What you need to play is really simple if you know how to do it! …

You just need to write the "sidenote" para [with the right para style] below the para concerned.

After that, 1 click: all the "sidenote" paras will been "moved" in an anchored text frame!

… Like in this video made 4 years ago for a client [the text is here just copied-moved but it could be cut-moved too]:

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines