• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Create DestName in InDesgin to be accessible from direct URL with Browser

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

I have made a InDesgin document exportable in pdf and now i am tring to open this pdf to a certain anchor with the link in the browser URL by adding "&nameddest="ParagraphName"" but with no avail... i tried to follow this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgNQru3bn8A) by creating a hyperlink to anchor but when i did find the url with which i was anchoring the URL 

was file:///.../Desktop/Manuale.pdf#page=7&zoom=100,112,286 which uses the zoom and the page as anchor, but i want to use a unique name (possibly nameddest)

Can someone please help me?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF file format does not allow named anchors, just "page views" that take someone to a specific page at a specific zoom level.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines