• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create document of Adobe in-design in c# or Java with instantiating the UI

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make document without opening the application in c# or Java.

I am able to create the document but for that, I have instantiated the UI of Adobe in-design

Below is the code I tried which is working but for this application need to be instantiated.

Type type = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("InDesign.Application.CC.2019", true);
dynamic app = System.Activator.CreateInstance(type,true);InDesign.idScriptLanguage.idJavascript, new object[] { "" });
Document document = app.open("D:\\ResumeInDesign.indd", false);

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to create an InDesign document without accessing InDesign, as in on a machine that does not have InDesign installed?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but I have no issues in installing SDK, but the whole application I don't want to install on the server.

And in case if that is compulsory then I can install that as well but don't want to open from code for any activity from code.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible InDesign file format is a closed proprietary format, you can't create it without the use of InDesign. What you could do is create an IDML file, look into the specs

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/indesign/sdk/cs6/idml/idml-specification.pdf

IDML is basically an XML format that can describe the InDesign document fully, so you can write code to create IDML files instead on INDD files.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Manan, I will go through this documentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign server is designed exactly for what you are looking to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share some examples with me if you have as I am not able  to find any with C#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any examples for InDesign Server, if you search the InDesign Server forum, you might find.

The are examples on this forum using c# with indesign.

Basically you just need to connect to the COM port and then you can use c# easily.

The big question is if you have the buget for the server, I think the staring cost is about $20,000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines