• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create one spread in a doc of single pages

Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a long doc of single pages. One graphic demands a spread because of size. Oddly, I have done this before and remember there was a particular, non-intuitive, technique for dragging the single pages to make the spread.

Here is the initial setup. Master page I is the format for the spread (p43 & 44 in the image).

shuffle_before.png

I am attempting to drag the second "I" page to the right-hand side of the first "I" page, but it will not "stick." What I want to do is creat a two-page spread, like this, done in the same template:

shuffle_after.png

I have my Pages menu set up to allow shuffling:

suffle_ever_after.png

I vaguely recall there was some weirdness to the technique -- dragging the second page to the number of the preceding page, but not on top of the page or next to it, or something like that (obviously, I don't recall, or I would have done it). It was tricky. I do recall that I did not have to turn the whole document into a facing-pages document. I only want the one spread in the one location.

Any how-to advice would be appreciated.

-j

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

I'll reply to my own post because I figured this out. I had to turn OFF "Allow spread to shuffle." This permitted the second page to be dragged to join the first. Somewhat counter-intuitive, but, hey, I don't make the rules. Best wishes to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll reply to my own post because I figured this out. I had to turn OFF "Allow spread to shuffle." This permitted the second page to be dragged to join the first. Somewhat counter-intuitive, but, hey, I don't make the rules. Best wishes to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also change the page size so the graphic isn’t crossing over multiple pages.

Select the Page tool and enter a new size in the Transform panel:

Screen Shot 19.png              Screen Shot 20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines