Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create PDF files as spreads but including two pages per spread

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a document including a lots of spreads and two pages per spread (view attachment to see).

I want to export it as PDF as spreads (i know how to do this part) but i want every spread including two pages.

For example; in my document i have 2 spreads and 4 pages. After exporting, i must have 2 seperate PDF files; first PDF file must include two pages (first and second pages), second PDF file must include two pages (third and fourth pages).

I know i can export the file completely and combine it as i want in Adobe Acrobat but i have too many spreads. So i'm trying to find out a way to do it automatically to save my time.

Is there any way to do this in InDesign? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the PDF export dialog box, there's a checkmark that lets you export as spreads. Does that not do what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i export as spreads, it looks like that (please look at attachment) and that's not i want 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Murat,

Did you read my answer about autonumbering in your other post? The problem is in your document setup: the page width should be the half of what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i replied it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your current setup you might to export as "all pages" not as spreadsheet.

Because you use one "page" for the content of two pages. 

To get a spreadsheet with two pages on it you need to have

a) every page seperate. And then ajust the document order  to [1-2],  [3-4], [5-6] & [7-8] -> then you can export as "spredsheet". 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-24 um 11.59.28.png

b) create a document with "double pages" startpage 2 amount of pages 8 -> then you can export as "spredsheet". 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-24 um 11.59.33.png

(Sorry, that the screenshots are in german. But I do think they are understandable.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines