• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create preset from current document?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have just created a document with a set of master pages that I would like to use as template for future publications. 

According to the Adobe InDesign CC CiB (2019) I can define presets from scratch but I didnt find a way to save the current document as a preset. Is this possible in some way? 

I believe this should be a pretty simple action to accomplish. 

Of course I can just "Save as..." the document and automatically create a copy of it but... 

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

I think saving the file in template format i.e., indt extension would suit your purpose more than a preset. The reason being that the document preset does not contain information about master pages etc. It only deals with margins, pages in the document etc. Look up about indt files and see if they serve your purpose

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think saving the file in template format i.e., indt extension would suit your purpose more than a preset. The reason being that the document preset does not contain information about master pages etc. It only deals with margins, pages in the document etc. Look up about indt files and see if they serve your purpose

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines