• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to cut off the margins of the file with guides on printing

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an A4 brochure with 8 x 2 guides, and I want to print the guides without margins to the edges of the paper. I already set the margin to 0 on four sides but still, there are margins when I print. 

Does this have something to do with the print setting? How can I solve the problem? 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

The page area is what prints, you also have the option to include a printable bleed area. Margin and ruler guides do not print or affect the print area. The document’s ruler units are set in Preferences>Units & Increments, or by control-clicking the rulers:

Screen Shot 5.png

The easiest way to print part of a page would be to make a new document to the desired dimensions, place the larger InDesign page, and export or print the cropped page;

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/placing-graphics.html#:~:text=The%20Place%20command%20lets%20you,can%20add%20to%20InDesign%20documents

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margins are just guides, the print is to the page dimensions plus any bleed. You have exported an 8.3 x 11.7 page so that is print area.

You could make a 2" x 8" InDesign document, place the InDesign or PDF page in a frame set to the page dimensions and print or export the 2" x 8" page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is 2" x 8" the width and height of the document? and are they in inches?

Sorry, I am very new to this software...thanks so much for your answer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The page area is what prints, you also have the option to include a printable bleed area. Margin and ruler guides do not print or affect the print area. The document’s ruler units are set in Preferences>Units & Increments, or by control-clicking the rulers:

Screen Shot 5.png

The easiest way to print part of a page would be to make a new document to the desired dimensions, place the larger InDesign page, and export or print the cropped page;

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/placing-graphics.html#:~:text=The%20Place%20command%20lets%20....

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines