• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate box outside of my graphic/text frames in InDesign?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Today, out of nowhere, a box started to appear outside of my text frames and graphic frames, and it seems to impact the frames around it. How can I deactivate it? I don't even know how it appeared in the first place.

boxoutsideframe.jpg

Thanks for your help!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Looks like a Text Wrap has been applied:

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and what version of Illustrator are you using? Have you done the obvious and selected the frames and checked in the swatch panel to make sure that "None" is applied to the stroke of the frames. Also, with no document open look at the fill and stroke icons in the tool panel. If you see a color applied to the stroke icon change it to none. Then quit the program. When you relaunch "None" should be the default for all new frames that you draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill! 
It's not Illustrator, but inDesign. I'm on Windows 10, using InDesign CC 2020 (15.0.2 if I remember well). 

Also, there's no fill or stroke applied to my frame here. What I'm worried about it that red square around my selected frame. It appears only when I select frames, it's not visible otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a Text Wrap has been applied:

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines