• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete colour theme swatch

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the basic nature of the question. When I select the theme eyedropper tool and select a colour theme, the swatch remains floating in the centre of every one of the 48 pages I am working on - there doesn't seem to be an 'off' or delete function - Even if I close and safe the document and reopen, the swatch remains in place.  I would be grateful for some advice.  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Changing the tool from theme eyedropper to anything else should remove the swatch panel. See the screengrab below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zalyjaypdvddwc6/screen%20recording%202020-05-19%20at%209.14.28%20pm.mov?dl=0

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the tool from theme eyedropper to anything else should remove the swatch panel. See the screengrab below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zalyjaypdvddwc6/screen%20recording%202020-05-19%20at%209.14.28%20pm.mov?dl...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan

Thank you for taking the trouble to send the recording - unfortunately
that doesn't work for me.  When I use the basic eyedropper tool, I can
dismiss it in the way you suggest but it doesn't work with the theme
tool.  It makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should work the way Manan describes. It does for me.

If it happens in more than one file, try restoring your InDesign preferences:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

If it only happens in one file, the file could be corrupted. Try saving as IDML and reopening (File > Save As > CS4 or later [IDML]) to remove corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines