• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete recent files from list

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this question asked in other places but have not seen an answer. I'm running InDesign Release 2015.4. I have deleted some files from the development folder and they're still showing up in the Recent Files list. I've searched RegEdit and deleted them from there but they're still in the list when I launch InDesign. How can I remove them from the Recent Files list?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Set the recent files display to zero in your preferences. Then set it back to whatever you’d like.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the recent files display to zero in your preferences. Then set it back to whatever you’d like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work. When I set it back, the items reappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustration to figure out how to delete the document files on the Recent dashboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try trashing your preferences. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

I'm pretty sure that should clear them out...along with all of your customization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just change the remember files to zero and then back again to any

number. This option is inside InDesign preferences and file handling. Or

something like that.

Em 22 de mar de 2018 20:44, "BobLevine" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escreveu:

Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

How to delete recent files from list

resposta de BobLevine

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/BobLevine?et=watches.email.thread> em

InDesign - Visualize a discussão completa

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10262616?et=watches.email.thread#10262616>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove Recent Files from my workspace in InDesign 2019 14.0.3?  I've seen the suggestion to "Set the recent files display to zero in your preferences" but I can find no such prompt in my preferences panel, under General, or anywhere else.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, apparently, they are referring to is: in InDesign Preferences -File Handling - Saving Design Files - Number of Recent Items to Display: Set to 0. Now that's no good solution, as we want to see some, but not all the others that we don't need that are getting harder to sort through. Right? This is so stupid, it defies stupidity. Do any Adobe programmers monitor these complaints? Hey, despite my best efforts to be civil here, this is really stupid. And if I'm the stupid one, then please correct me with a solution to this glitch. I'll welcome being the moron on this one with open arms, as I just want to clean up my InDesign screen, but leave the stuff I need. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that calling the Adobe programmers "stupid" is NOT the right move to get them to cooperate, but I agree with this complaint whole heartedly. We should be able to delete the specific documents we no longer need to see in the list on the home page, and organize them as we see fit. I've wasted so much time opening wrong versions of saved files because of similar filenames and because of the unnecessary clutter. As far as your question on whether the programmers monitor these complaints: I think if they do, then it's not often enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this problem?! Because it's driving me nuts - I used to work in InDesign 5 or 6 years ago sans the cloud and it was easy to delete files but can find nothing in my searches that explains how to do it. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know my husband the geek showed me how to go to the Finder, click on Documents and then when you right-click an individual document you have several options, one of which is to Move to Trash. You can also create new folders here (another thing that was driving me nuts). Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann04544, Thank you for your help.

Still not resolved. The right click does nothing in the "Recent" window of InDesign. I am unfamiliar with the Finder. Is that an Apple thing? I run Adobe CC on the PC and cannot find any "Finder" app. Sure would be nice if an Adobe rep would weigh in. Seems this has been a requested feature since 2016! And in agreement with troyd71007371: that "Correct Answer" listed at the top is absolutely not the correct answer! Who determines what the correct answer is, and are they even reading our posts? Either way the research continues. If you find anything else, please share. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don2d23, I'm in the same boat.

I've been looking everywhere to figure out how to delete files off the "Recent" window on my PC.  I couldn't locate Finder either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Finder app is an Apple program. I will try what Ann is suggesting and report back if it helps Apple users, but that leave a lot of people still with No Way to Delete A File in InDesign. In caps to emphsize what a simple concept this is that InDesign has ignored. And that's being respectful, considering what a hinderance to our work it is not to be able to delete a file, as with any other computer program, ever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. You should be able to delete the ones you don't want to see. I tend to open the doc and then right click on the icon on the taskbar and pin the files I want to be able to access easily. These are a bit more useful anyway as you can access them anytime not only when you have no doc open.

I'd love to be able to remove things from the recent docs in the task icon as well. You don't necessarily want your friends party invite you worked on on the weekend to show in your 9-5 workday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to clear "YOUR RECENT ITEMS" in the new dialog. Even better would be to eliminate the entire left side of the new document window (Recent, Saved, Print, Web, Mobile) and just have a simple dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to do this exact thing, Gerald, and cannot find or figure out a way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines