• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to develop SDK feature to import file from the server

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we open other network server documents directly into the Adobe InDesign tool using any SDK or API which they provided? Does this kind of feature is available in their support? Is yes then how will do integrate this? need a support document on it

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

I would suggest you look into CEP extensions that would be quick to develop using easy to learn technology like HTML and JS. Extendscript has no elaborate support for making webcalls, its only supports a socket object so you will have to extend that. C++ sdk is difficult to learn and i don't think it would be required when CEP can help

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Getting-Started-guides

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest you look into CEP extensions that would be quick to develop using easy to learn technology like HTML and JS. Extendscript has no elaborate support for making webcalls, its only supports a socket object so you will have to extend that. C++ sdk is difficult to learn and i don't think it would be required when CEP can help

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Getting-Started-guides

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines