• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to do Arabic Auto Page Numbering

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a right to left document setup with a single page document that I'm trying to apply an auto page numbering in Arabic numbers.

I have set the Arabic font and the language to Arabic in the master sheets, but still getting English numbers.

Anyone can help me to find a solution?

I've attached some details.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.43.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.43.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Sorted out...

Paragraph composer settings was set to "Adobe Paragraph Composer" changed it to "Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer" and it solved the issue.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 4.51.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
just from my memory:

Isn't there a preference in InDesign to use Arabic numbering for page numbering?

( Currently I'm using a German version so I cannot pinpoint your issue… )

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, first thing first, Arabic numbers are 1234, Hindi numbers which you're looking for I assume are ١٢٣٤ - it is crazy I know.

I assume you did the following already… In the master page, create a text frame, then from the menu Type > Insert Special Character > Markers > Current Page Number.

Now highlight the letter A (if your Master is named "A Master") which was generated automatically, this represent the number on the pages and change the digits to Hindi as shown below

Hindi-Digits.jpg

Check your pages now. If however you want to have these Arabic numbers 1234, then you need to select "Arabic" from the list as shown above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Ziad,

Hindi numbers is what I want and already tried to change the digits manually.

But still not working out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the font, did you check the font you're using if it has these numbers ١٢٣٤ in the glyphs table? Just for testing, use Adobe Arabic or Arial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, already using the same font in the paragraph boxes throughout the report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there aren't any more to it. If the numbers are incorporated within the font, then they should appear once you switch to Hindi in the Character panel fly-out menu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted out...

Paragraph composer settings was set to "Adobe Paragraph Composer" changed it to "Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer" and it solved the issue.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 4.51.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh? I am not even getting this option of 'Digits' in the dropdown! Could you please help me with this? Am unable to get Hindi numerics in the page numbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way this was resolved for me was to change to page number display from the pages pallet.
Right click the first page and select "Numbering and Section Options"
In this box, you want to change "Style" from 1, 2, 3, 4

to Hindi Digits 

This changes with way the page numbers will display when the page number is pulled using the Current Page marker in the master pages. 

I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thank you for the position

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines