Highlighted

How to do Page setup for printing for InDesign Publish Online documents?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published my first digital magazine and uploaded it; my readers are having trouble printing pages, and the problems seem to vary from browser to browser, operating system, etc. People want to print a single page, but only a portion of the content on any given page will print. Does anyone have a solution for this? Is printing not supported?  An easy workaround is to do a screen shot of the page a reader wants to print, but not all of my readers are technical enough to do that. Here's the URL to the full issue; the page in the screenshot below is page 9. https://indd.adobe.com/view/4cff56bd-eb43-42dd-9146-2a8b5976d822
 portrait.png

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Diane Burns | Adobe Community Professional

Create a PDF for readers to download. To keep the links active, you need to create a custom PDF preset (File > PDF Presets > Define). Since Publish Online can only upload PDFs that use Print presets, make one that includes hyperlinks. Then, when publishing your document, choose that custom preset from the Publish Online Advanced settings. The PDF will then have links. 

pdfPreset.png

You can see this in the PDF that downloads from this Publish Online document: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

TOPICS
How to, Print, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to do Page setup for printing for InDesign Publish Online documents?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published my first digital magazine and uploaded it; my readers are having trouble printing pages, and the problems seem to vary from browser to browser, operating system, etc. People want to print a single page, but only a portion of the content on any given page will print. Does anyone have a solution for this? Is printing not supported?  An easy workaround is to do a screen shot of the page a reader wants to print, but not all of my readers are technical enough to do that. Here's the URL to the full issue; the page in the screenshot below is page 9. https://indd.adobe.com/view/4cff56bd-eb43-42dd-9146-2a8b5976d822
 portrait.png

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Diane Burns | Adobe Community Professional

Create a PDF for readers to download. To keep the links active, you need to create a custom PDF preset (File > PDF Presets > Define). Since Publish Online can only upload PDFs that use Print presets, make one that includes hyperlinks. Then, when publishing your document, choose that custom preset from the Publish Online Advanced settings. The PDF will then have links. 

pdfPreset.png

You can see this in the PDF that downloads from this Publish Online document: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

TOPICS
How to, Print, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should upload a PDF for them to download.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabling download strips the links off my in-house and advertiser ads. That is not an option; if I'm going to give the content away for free, I have to have advertising revenue. Gotta eat...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be no way to control how various browsers will print html content.

The reason a person is printing a page is for the recipe, correct? Here's my suggestion: have a cta link on the recipes. User goes to a request form, and exchange for email address, receives the PDF of a recipe card (that also contains advertiser's logos).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear here, that form cannot be in the publish online document. Form fields are not supported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not suggesting the form is a part of the publish online file, but a link that goes to external web form.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that YOU know it, but just wanted to make sure the OP was aware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pdfPreset.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. If it is, we'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. You may share any other method you used to fix this issue. It'll help other community users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to assist.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0