• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export PDF in a range of pages in InDesign 2020

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a 50 page master document and I want to save some pages individually as PDFs. For example, I want to export pages 38-40 as a PDF. Previously in CS5 I could just File > Export and then select the page range. However, I've just upgraded to Indesign 2020 and can't find a way to specify the page range. When I select "Range" it only has the option "All Pages". In CS5 I could manually type in the page number range that I wanted to export. Thank you!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

You can still type a page range in InDesign CC 2020 when exporting PDFs.

Screenshot 2020-02-29 10.31.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Thank you, everyone. I've worked it. The simplest thing. In the previous version if you wanted to type in the page numbers for the range it was blank. This time it shows "All pages" as a drop-down menu. Turns out you can click on "all pages" and delete the text and type in your new numbers! So simple yet not necessarily obvious when you're used to the old interface. I spent hours trying to work this out last night (lesson: don't work late at night). Thank you, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information in order to help you: What do you mean by "master document"? (Does that mean there are 50 master pages?) Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still type a page range in InDesign CC 2020 when exporting PDFs.

Screenshot 2020-02-29 10.31.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Indesign 18.1 I too was stumped with PDF export page range, and I had an even more confusing interaction: The page range field is prepopulated with the word "Tabloid H", and when you click on the drop down arrow has only one item in the list—"All Pages". You wouldn't even now it was a clickable field. Is this just me or are others seeing this?

Indesign 18.1 on Ventura MacOS 13.2

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 12.42.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 12.27.39 PM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As was pointed out, it still works in InDesign 2020. A couple reasons it might not work:

(1) You need to restore your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

(2) There is corruption in your document. Save as IDML (File > Save As > Adobe InDesign CS4 or later [IDML]). Then reopen the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, everyone. I've worked it. The simplest thing. In the previous version if you wanted to type in the page numbers for the range it was blank. This time it shows "All pages" as a drop-down menu. Turns out you can click on "all pages" and delete the text and type in your new numbers! So simple yet not necessarily obvious when you're used to the old interface. I spent hours trying to work this out last night (lesson: don't work late at night). Thank you, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this. I've also noticed the interface change and couldn't work out how to select pages either. I think it was confusing because "Selection" was greyed out, making it seem like it was All Pages or nothing. I knew there must have been a way around it, but I never made time to troubleshoot.

Exporting PNGs and JPGs is now easy again, yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Glad you were able to resolve your query. You may also check out help article https://indesignsecrets.com/solving-printing-exporting-confusion.php for further information. Hope it helps.
Feel free to reach out if you have further concerns, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sux more and more. Making whole CC Series more complicated and dull. Software instead of being easier and user friendly is unreasonable simply stupid. Today took me 30 min of my time to look for stupid answer for this question. Every time something. It's very anoying. Anyone knows other software for work with vectors and text like ID? Neeeed change! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rest assured you are not the only one to have been momentarily stumped. I'd been away from the program for a bit and needed to send an excerpt of a larger file via PDF, and stared at the screen forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 30 minutes of stumbling around, I finally worked this out. You have to put "+" then pg number then COMMA then  the "+" then next number (i.e, +7, +12) to get it to function like it used to (i.e., 7, 12). I think it's because of the stupid new alternative layout thing, which manages to be both useless, and anoying at the same time. So tired of these programs changing things "just cause." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is Simple as this. If you want to export 38-40 Pages just put the range as +38-+40. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines