Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to find tab in text

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi community, 

i have some text where sometimes short tables occur (f.e. alerts) ... the tables have the same character - two columns, black framing 0.5 pt ...
is it possible to find these tables using find / change and assign them an object style? however, I need the tables to stay in place because of flowing with text

thank you in advance...

johana

ps: i hope, you will understand, sorry for my poor english, i am trying the best...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Tables are not objects but act as paragraph in text frames, so you cannot assign object styles to tables, but you can create table styles and cell styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Look into Cell Styles and Table styles. They are quite limited. For example you cannot assign column widths to cells or columns in a table using styles. I taught a lesson on table styles and regredded it. In all my years of using InDesign I have never used Table Styles, although Cell Styles are more useful.

If you can post an image of one of your tables we can offer more specific advice. I often find that tables are not necessary. Tabs, paragraph rules, paragraph shading, and nested styles can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tables are not objects but act as paragraph in text frames, so you cannot assign object styles to tables, but you can create table styles and cell styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look into Cell Styles and Table styles. They are quite limited. For example you cannot assign column widths to cells or columns in a table using styles. I taught a lesson on table styles and regredded it. In all my years of using InDesign I have never used Table Styles, although Cell Styles are more useful.

If you can post an image of one of your tables we can offer more specific advice. I often find that tables are not necessary. Tabs, paragraph rules, paragraph shading, and nested styles can often do the work of a table. In such cases global changes are easier to make since all the formatting can be controlled within a Pragraph Style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines