Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get indeign server health

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using indesign server.
I want to detect whether the server is freezed/crashed. Is there any command to get the console output constantly. I met heartbeatupdateinterval command line parameter. but I have no idea how to use that, as it's not well documented.

Or is there any other way to tell IndesignServer to 'give me an (console output or any other) update' to check the health of InDesign Server.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

heartbeatUpdateInterval is a server runtime setting that denotes the time interval (in seconds) at which last active timestamp of InDesign server is updated to the console.

You should consider using LBQ module that has status-related commands like:

- GetVersion

- JobStatus

- QueueStatus

- IDSStatus

and also some administration commands:

- Ping

- Kill

The ping command is what would interest you:

It would give you the server's last active timestamp. This command requires no parameters.

So, you could have you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heartbeatUpdateInterval is a server runtime setting that denotes the time interval (in seconds) at which last active timestamp of InDesign server is updated to the console.

You should consider using LBQ module that has status-related commands like:

- GetVersion

- JobStatus

- QueueStatus

- IDSStatus

and also some administration commands:

- Ping

- Kill

The ping command is what would interest you:

It would give you the server's last active timestamp. This command requires no parameters.

So, you could have your health-monitoring client setup to periodically hit the Ping command to LBQ.

You could hit more commands as above to get more details of the server status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the information vinothr​

Is LBQ addon still available for CS6 or CC version. I cannot see it's installed inside my installation directory. How can I get that installed. I cannot find a place to download it. this does not answer the question, 'where I can find LBQ'

thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While installing InDesign Server you have the option to include the Adobe JobQueue.

Enabling this installs LBQ in <IDS>/JobQueue.

Yes, LBQ is available in InDesign CS6 and CC too.

LBQ interacts with InDesign Server using a CORBA.

Please refer to server solutions docs in SDK for detailed information on the setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign Server CS6 needs to be activated before it can be used. If the computer is online, activation is done automatically when you install. You need to provide your Adobe ID, and serial number when prompted by the installer. Unless the software is activated, you'll see an error, "Adobe InDesign Server’ is not properly licensed and will now quit."

If your computer is not connected to the internet, download and install Adobe Provisioning Toolkit Enterprise Edition (APTEE). You can serialize and activate the software using APTEE. You can download APTEE from the Creative Suite Enterprise Deployment page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines