Highlighted

How to get indesign cs5 in 2020?

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new request from the customer: upgrade an old plugin(cs5 compatible) -> indesign cc2020 compatible.
Since the previous creator has left, now I have to test that plugin functions and stuff to create a new one. But it only works on indesign cs5...

Can anybody help?

- A download link?

- Or how to decompile a .pln file?

Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

See the following link it might work for you https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Now regarding decompiling a plugin, i am afraid that would not be easy. This being a C++ dll would be very difficult to decompile. I have worked on such projects, my advice, your best bet would be to see how the code works and rewrite it afresh. Also investigate the possibility to create a hybrid solution i.e. writing just the model part of the solution as a C++ plugin, exposing scriptable methods or events and creating the front-end using something like scriptui or CEP extension. Such an effort would reduce the development time

-Manan

Topics

How to, Scripting, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get indesign cs5 in 2020?

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new request from the customer: upgrade an old plugin(cs5 compatible) -> indesign cc2020 compatible.
Since the previous creator has left, now I have to test that plugin functions and stuff to create a new one. But it only works on indesign cs5...

Can anybody help?

- A download link?

- Or how to decompile a .pln file?

Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

See the following link it might work for you https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Now regarding decompiling a plugin, i am afraid that would not be easy. This being a C++ dll would be very difficult to decompile. I have worked on such projects, my advice, your best bet would be to see how the code works and rewrite it afresh. Also investigate the possibility to create a hybrid solution i.e. writing just the model part of the solution as a C++ plugin, exposing scriptable methods or events and creating the front-end using something like scriptui or CEP extension. Such an effort would reduce the development time

-Manan

Topics

How to, Scripting, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
I am also looking for a way to make it work and try to recreate it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines