• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get text variable to display 24-hour time

Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 24 hour time on my computer as in 1:00 p.m. = 13:00. For my print projects, I made a small table with the file name and last saved text variables and other information that I save as a snippet and insert in the slug area to help keep up with versions. The time variable displays in 12 hour time. I've looked in preferences to see if I can switch it to 24 hour time, but find no options. My question is: Is there a way to get the time in the last saved text variable to display in 24-hour time. I can live without it, but it would be nice.

Thanks to those who know more than me,

Joe

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Go to Type > Text Variables > Define. Choose the variable you're using and click on the Edit button. In the Date Format field, choose Time > Hour  (00-23).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Type > Text Variables > Define. Choose the variable you're using and click on the Edit button. In the Date Format field, choose Time > Hour  (00-23).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, works like a charm!
Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to correct response given by David, you may also check out this help article to know more about creating & editing text variables.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good info.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines